Thursday, July 17, 2008

Music on the Boardwalk

Summer Thursdays evenings on the Long Branch boardwalk, there's music.
Today's started with a teenage band, The Punks.
The Punks
In between there were distractions, like the Parrot Man.
The Parrot Man
Parrots are cute, but their claws aren't!

Parrots have claws!


The main attraction was The Nerds.
Spaz:
The Nerds - Spaz
Biff:
The Nerds - Biff
Stretch:
The Nerds - Stretch
Mongo:
The Nerds - Mongo
One of the songs they played.
And i can see you
your brown skin shining in the sun
you got your hair combed back
sunglasses on baby

and i can tell you
my love for you will still be strong
after the boys of summer have gone.


(Don Henley, link toYoutube, lyrics.)

Appropriate to my mood (must it be? it must be!...) Used to be always on the radio when I was in grad. school.

The appreciative audience:
Appreciative fans
Appreciative fans
A decent end to a crazy day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Nanu

Anonymous said...

loved the kiddie pics and the nerd player in the air :) bj'um

cynthia said...

Hi Arun,

Life must be treating you pretty well if you can take a stroll down Boardwalk every thursday evening!

One of my fringe benefits of caring for some of the sickest and poorest members of my community is that I've gained a greater appreciation for life's simple pleasures. Filling my life with frills don't thrill me much anymore. And though my life don't contain a Boardwalk, it does contain similar sorts of simple pleasures.

Arun said...

Hi Cynthia,

First time I attended a Thursday concert, though they run all summer long :).

-Arun