Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Post-election-day changes

November 8, 2016 is a date that will live in infamy.

My actions since, to cope with it:
  • Terminated my 18-year-old New York Times subscription.  Peter Woit's criticism was spot on.
  • Subscribed to The Atlantic.
  • Subscribed to The New Yorker.
  • Revived my subscription to talkingpointsmemo.com
  • Zero TV news - cable or network - only weather channel weather news.  I do not intend to return, ever.
  • No more sign-in to Facebook until they convincingly fix their fake news problem.
  • No more sign-in or posting to the Bharat Rakshak Forum (for its 100-to-14 support of Trump in a straw poll).
  • No radio news except for traffic and weather (I will eventually resume listening to WNYC and WHYY public radio, and Bloomberg Radio.   Let the scar tissue form first).