Sunday, May 11, 2008

Garden roundup

Some of the things in the garden on May 11:


garden_roundup-1

One of the few varieties of Clematis that I found that can do well in the shade. First flower of the season, and as you can see, more are threatened.

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

May Garden Roundup

New experiment for this year. Fuchsia and amethyst something in hanging coco pots. Notice how bowed the iron stand is in the second picture. (It is deceptively straight in the first picture.) Comes from listening to the shop assistants.

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

May Garden Roundup

White azalea - always a challenge to get the right exposure. I didn't quite get it right.

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

A small bush of orange azalea that I had thought I had killed through neglect. I guess the call of spring was too strong.

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

The rhododendron towards the front has not yet bloomed.

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

May Garden Roundup

May Garden Roundup

Various views of rhododendron.

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

On the other side of the rhododendron is a light pink azalea...

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

...and then these azaleas.

-----------------

May Garden Roundup

Another view of the whole thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Arun,

My garden is pretty lovely; but yours is lovely beyond words...

Now I don't know much about photography, but I can clearly see how white azaleas can be "a challenge to get the right exposure." After all, a bed of white azaleas, just like a blanket of snow, is very glaring to the eyes...

And maybe I've been filling my head with way too much doom and gloom lately, but I swear, as food and fuel costs keep soaring, I'm seriously considering converting my ornamental garden into an edible one: a victory garden, if you will -- minus any seeds of war, I must add!

Arun said...

Cynthia,

The selective eye of the camera is a great thing, isn't it? :)

A vegetable garden can be a thing of beauty too - nothing like the sight and smell of healthy tomato vines laden with tomatoes.

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Arun!

I might be enticed into taking up photography if a camera were made to capture the scent of tomato vines -- or any other delicious scent, for that matter.:~)

Kristina Frangulyan said...

wowwwwwwwww this garden so lovely , they look so much sweet!!! I have at home pink azaleas and every day they full my day with there sweet look :))

Arun said...

Thank you! Nature is kind!